Keeper of the Stolen Lightning
A S T R A P I O S
( a k a "DUNAYIR" )
---------------------------------
Ht: 4'7 / Wt: 250 lb / Hair: none / Eyes: black
Age: 500+ / Creed: mountain dwarf / Status: *DECEASED
PROFILE
Based on his features and stature, ASTRAPIOS appears to be a bald and beardless Dwarf.
His skin is pale, almost translucent, revealing a webwork of bluish veins that give off a faint cold luminescence. His eyes are colourless black pools.
His skin is pale, almost translucent, revealing a webwork of bluish veins that give off a faint cold luminescence. His eyes are colourless black pools.
He wears a loincloth, boots, toolbelt, and a leathery black apron, with just one arm gloved to the elbow. He carries a 6-foot rod crafted of Faerie Glass that flickers with an inner glow.
* * *
That scent of elemental ever-burning... it has been long, but I still know it. Have you come to see me Khalkeus? Or should I say... my brother? URI... is it you?Surely you know me? Not Astrapios, but DUNAYIR!Do you still remember our true names? It is so hard to think now. My mind, it pops and crackles and hums. I never sleep... never tire anymore. I toil and I tend. I listen in this darkness... but none come to call upon me anymore.I have only these sparks to speak with. Are they truly alive, or have I only given them a semblance of life? And these poor metal wretches with no souls. How long until I am like them, I wonder?I have changed, URI... I no longer hunger for bread or for mead. It is the LIGHTNING which sustains me... as the Great Furnace sustains you... yes?You do not speak! Is it truly you? Or is it HER? That portion of yourself you allowed the Magus to give to her? That part of your heart that beats within her metal shell!
Oh, brother... you were always too weak for the sake of beauty. You were never the same after...The Magus spared us when he took our mountain. Said that we alone among our kin still had the old blood within us - the lineage of the primordial giants! He said only such a being can speak the language of metal and fire... or of stone and storm!And we thanked him for his grace! We gave him our oath, and let him take our names from us!
So we have toiled evermore... is our task ever to be done? Is the time near at last? Will TYPHOEUS soon awaken?
