FAERIE WISHSTONES ( x ll )


(MAGIC ITEMS) 


These palm-sized stones are smooth and irregular. Each seems to bear a Fae symbol, which changes whenever you try to discern it. 


These Fae Wishstones carry a small, versatile reality-warping enchantment that requires only an exercise of will and the proper vocal commitment to activate. 

If the user makes a wish, the stone will bestow a small, spell-like effect to grant that wish -- within the limits of its power. The effects can be unpredictable, particularly if the wording is imprecise, but they will normally follow the spirit of the request. Making a wish that is too grandiose will only deliver a lesser effect, although with potentially more volatile results. 

Examples of wishes might be:
    I wish I could swim like a fish
    I wish I could find the key to this cell
    I wish nobody could see me
    I wish I felt healthy again
    I wish I could ask the dead a question
    I wish I could convince this person
    I wish I was strong enough to...
    I wish Kian wasn't quite dead yet


Once a wishstone has been used, the glyph solidifies permanently into one that reflects the nature of the wish that was granted. All magic fades from the stone, and it becomes nothing more than a particularly well-shaped skipping stone 



  • making a wish has a vocal component and requires an Object Interaction
  • wish durations will vary, and may depend upon initial wording
  • the wishes cannot be Counterspelled
  • under most circumstances, the wishes are vulnerable to effects that Dispel Magic
  • a suggested spell effect may be offered by the player, but the result will be dependent on wording and DM discretion/fuckery


Resale: ?
Magic: YES
Owner: 3 each (Kian, Korvuus, Jack, Kuan)
Obtained: Chapter 13 - REALM of the MOONFAE
from the vaults of the White-Gold Palace